If you are a fan of tahini, you will love these vegan tahini cookies. They are soft, chewy, and full of nutty flavor. They are also gluten-free and refined sugar free, making them a healthy and satisfying treat.
You only need 7 simple ingredients and less than half an hour to whip up these cookies. They are great for breakfast, snack, or dessert, and pair well with a hot drink. Keep reading to find out how to make these yummy cookies!
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Tahini
- ½ cup (60 g) Almond flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (90 g) Tapioca starch
- ⅓ tsp Baking soda
- Sesame seeds for coating (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, and baking soda and mix well with a spatula. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ (175℃) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. If using sesame seeds, dip the ball in a plate of sesame seeds to coat it lightly.
- Place the ball on the prepared baking sheet and flatten it slightly with your palm or the bottom of a glass. Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving some space between the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack (if you have) to cool completely.
- Enjoy your vegan tahini cookies with a cup of tea or coffee, or store them in an airtight container for up tp 3 days.