Are you looking for a refreshing and satisfying treat that is vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make? If so, you will love this no-churn vegan pistachio ice cream that only requires a blender and a loaf pan. This ice cream is rich, creamy, and naturally sweetened with medjool dates.
It also has a beautiful green color from the avocado and spirulina powder. You can enjoy this ice cream as a dessert or a snack, and top it with some chopped pistachios for extra crunch.
Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1 Blender
- 1 Loaf pan
- 1 Knife
- Measuring cups
- 2 cups (480ml) non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup (65g) Raw shelled pistachios
- 6-8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- A pinch of spirulina powder (optional, for color)
- Chopped pistachios, for topping
- Combine the milk, avocado, pistachios, medjool dates, and almond extract in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the spirulina slowly to achieve a pretty green color, tasting as you go and being careful not to add too much or it will taste salty and ocean-y.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan, top with chopped pistachios, and freeze overnight.
- Enjoy your creamy and delicious ice cream!