These brownies are a delightful twist on the classic favorite, and they’re completely plant-based. We’ve replaced traditional dairy and eggs with wholesome vegan ingredients, but we promise they don’t skimp on flavor or fudginess.
Each bite is a heavenly combination of rich cocoa and a perfectly chewy texture. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth in no time. Whether you’re a committed vegan or just looking to try something new, these brownies are a delicious treat that everyone will adore.
- 1 microwave safe bow
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 wooden spoon
- Measuring cup and spoons
- 1 Knife
- 1 8×8 inch baking pan
- Cooking spray or parchment paper
- 8 ounces vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup sugar (plus 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup vegan butter (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (plus 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Chop the vegan chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave for another 15 seconds and stir until melted. Set aside.
- Make the flax eggs by stirring the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted vegan butter and sugar until well combined. Add the vanilla and flax eggs and whisk again.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt over the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in about 3/4 of the melted chocolate, reserving some for drizzling on top of the brownies.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting into 9 squares. Enjoy!